Our pharmacy department provides support to our clinical teams by ensuring the safety and effectiveness of medication use in our patients. Our pharmacists are well supported by a team of pharmacy assistants, pharmacy technicians, clerical and attendants.
- To dispense medications to all outpatients
- To dispense medications to Accident & Emergency patients
- To provide pharmaceutical care via patient counselling
- Reviewing medications for safety and efficacy
- Over the counter saleOpening hours:Monday – Friday : 8.30am – 5.30pm
Saturday : 8.30 am – 1.30pm
Sunday : Closed
Inpatient Pharmacy Services
- To supply medication to wards and admitted patients
- To dispense medications to Accident & Emergency (A&E) patients
- To supply discharge medication to admitted patients To provide pharmaceutical care via patient counselling and reviewing of medications for safety, appropriateness and efficacy
Opening hours:Monday – Friday : 8.30am – 6.00pm
Saturday : 8.30 am – 3.00pm
Sunday & Public holiday : 9.00am – 3.00pm
Reconstitution of oncology drugs
- We provide oncology drug reconstitution services for oncology patients receiving treatment in NMSC under stringent controlled environment
- Reviewing medications for safety and efficacy
Drug information Services
To provide information to other healthcare professionals and patients on the availability of certain drugs as well as clinical information on drugs such as indication, dosage etc.
Nutrition & Diet Counseling
We have a committed professional dietitian in our Dietitians Department. We assist those who need special diets for their medical treatment, and provide practical and easy-to-follow guidelines to help them cope with their dietary requirements. We offer one-to-one and group counseling for both in and out patients in a versatile, collaborative, and practical way.
Some of the services we offer include:
1. Assessment, treatment, and education for individuals at risk of malnutrition (i.e. stroke, cancer, post-operative) or overnutrition (i.e. overweight and obesity)
2. Continuous assessment, treatment and education on diet related medical conditions e.g. renal failure, diabetes, coronary artery disease, hypertension, gastrointestinal disturbances (i.e. gastritis, peptic ulcers, liver dysfunction)
3. Community talks and lectures (i.e. antenatal diet, heart diet, diabetes)
4. Nutritional support for patients requiring enteral or parenteral nutrition
5. Plan and modify recipes to ensure meals provided to patients meet their special dietary needs and are palatable.
We work closely with the patient and patient’s family. Our goal is to provide individualized meal plans that are tailored to each patient’s medical needs and lifestyle. A weight-control program is currently available for those interested in losing weight healthily.
Rehabilitation (Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy)
Our team of dedicated and experienced physiotherapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists offers an extensive range of services to help patients of all ages with varying injuries or illnesses. The team includes neurological physiotherapists who specialize in adult and paediatric rehabilitation and also in vestibular rehabilitation. This puts us in the forefront of rehabilitation services in the State. Each patient is assessed to identify his or her rehabilitation needs.
Individualized treatment plans are created based on the patient’s goals, condition and ability to function. Our goal is to help return these patients to their highest level of functioning and improve their quality of lives by integrating our skilled treatment techniques with patient and family education.
Medical Conditions Treated include:
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Neurological Conditions e.g. Parkinson’s disease, Brain injuries
- Paediatric Conditions e.g. Cerebral Palsy
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Acute / Chronic Back / Neck Pain
- Pre and Post Hip / Knee Replacement
- Musculoskeletal or Sports related Injuries e.g. Fractures, Muscles, Ligament or Tendon injuries
- Cardiothroacic Conditions e.g. Post Heart Surgery, Heart Attack
- Respiratory Conditions
- Vestibular / Balance Disorder
- Antenatal / Postnatal
Our Rehabilitation Department participates actively in continuous education to upgrade our skills and knowledge. We are also involved in providing clinical education to physiotherapy students, including those from overseas, allowing them to integrate knowledge and skills attained from their academic studies in a clinical setting.
Access to Treatment
A referral from your consultant or your general practitioner is necessary. An appointment will be given as soon as possible as we believe that early intervention helps to achieve better clinical outcome for the patient.
Our Haemodialysis unit has been operating since 1995. Our centre provides acute and chronic dialysis for out-patients and in patients. These services are also offered to visitors or tourists from other part of the world who wish to have their temporary dialysis with us.
We are providing a bicarbonate dialysis and also haemodiafiltration to our dialysis patients. For those who are critically ill in ICU, Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) will be offered to them.
We have a total of twenty two haemodialysis machines and an automatic dialyzer-reprocessing unit. Physical isolation room for patients with hepatitis B and hepatitis C are also provided. A group of professionally trained staffs provides excellent services at our haemodialysis unit. In addition, we also provide service for end-stage kidney patients who choose to have peritoneal dialysis.
Both continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) and automated peritoneal dialysis (APD) are supported. For suitable end-stage kidney failure patients who wish to have kidney transplant, we provide donor and recipient kidney transplant evaluation.
We work closely with the surgical subspecialty of Urology.
Patients with kidney stone are frequently managed together by the combined effort of the nephrologist and urologist. Our urologist consultant provides the acute management of kidney stone disease and the nephrologist provides the necessary medical workup to prevent or reduce future kidney stone formation. In addition, dialysis access placement for haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis are provided by our urological colleagues.